Job Announcement: Deaf Abused Women’s Network (DAWN) in Washington, DC is seeking an Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for establishing and executing major goals and objectives for the organization. Implements policies established by the board of directors. Provides leadership, direction, and guidance of DAWN’s activities. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. Develops and maintains organizational structure and effective personnel. Coordinates major activities for staff and evaluates personnel. Represents DAWN to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders and supporters, and the general public.
DAWN is a growing organization with committed staff members, board members, and volunteers dedicated to providing culturally and linguistically appropriate legal, medical and system advocacy services for Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Deaf-Blind survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, and/or stalking in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
40 hours week, flexible schedule for night and weekend on-call duties
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in education/experience
• Two years of experience in organization leadership or management
• Ability to work with diverse clientele and staff
• Ability to build and sustain relationships, and collaborate with individuals, organizations, and
• Excellent communication and con? ict resolution skills
• Articulate and skilled at public-speaking
• Fluency in American Sign Language
• Strong commitment to cultural competency
• Working knowledge of budget development
• Experience with grant writing
• Familiarity with PC and Mac computer applications
• Two or more years of experience in non-profit organization management
• Experience in the field of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
• Experience in providing training and public presentations
• Experience with complex budget development
• Experience in managing a community-based volunteer agency
• Experience in initiating, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services
• Experience in staff management
• Development of strong working relationships with all relevant organizations, staff, and Board
• Enhancement of the organization’s image
• Successfully carrying out the prime functions of the job description
$40,000 – $60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please send a resume and a letter of interest to the contact supplied below. All applications must be dated by
February 1, 2011.
All submissions will be acknowledged and held in strict con?dence.